Utility for testing automation software

Alexor

Hi!

This is my first message in this forum, so I just want to say hallo and also share with you my freeware utility for automation software testing. This is my spare time hobby project and it helps me to create FAT simulator of all sensors and devices I need to control by PLC and SCADA.

Features:

• connection to PLC using OPC client interface
  • connection to Siemens SIMATIC S7 PLCSim (V5.4 + SP4)
  • all variables external access using OPC server interface
  • 13 types of different simulation objects (Analog and Discrete sensor, Valve, C# script)
  • simple way to build user interface (TabControl)
  • project storage in XML format

Site of the project - http://automation.ucoz.com
You may ask questions in this thread, but please excuse my bad knowledge of English and contact me if you think I need to correct something.

Best regards,
Alexander

yes it looks fine, however your setup has a big problem, as it can have the same errors as in the plc to be tested.
i/o is not so easy as there are many types of it. for example a simple SSR is hard to connect, due to small leakcurrents.
etc.
easier and more practical is a plc that runs on same network giving you the VARs via the network.

yes it looks fine, however your setup has a big problem, as it can have the same errors as in the plc to be tested.
[FONT=&quot]Absolutely agree with you that this testing approach do not help to eliminate all errors. But for me, as for programmer, is important to be sure that my program works as I planned before startup in the field.[/FONT]

easier and more practical is a plc that runs on same network giving you the VARs via the network.
[FONT=&quot]Working in team, we need to give our project to QA guy for testing. It is better to have some kind of tester`s GUI in this case.[/FONT]