Utility for testing DF1 serial

Saffa

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any simple utilities for testing DF1 comms? I have a remote site several hundred kms away where a 3rd party contractor is doing some work and expanding an existing plant. We have an Abbey Systems RTU reading registers from a CompactLogix processor that has had an INT array mapped using the SLC mapping feature. The existing works fine reading from the N9 file, but we also need to read the N10 file now and it doesn't seem to be working.

I think it's an RTU issue (they're horrible things) but i need a way for my tech down there to test it. I was thinking I could set up a ML1100 to test it using MSG instructions but something he could easily load on his laptop and test using a serial lead would be way easier.

Any suggestions?