valid indirect addressing slc 5/03 os302

quaizywabbit

tough one to get my head around but here goes:
N27 is a file that stores whether the recipe stored was valid.
N12 is a file that holds recipe numbers
n7:22 is the ptr to which element in n12 im referring to.

i've tried this:

N27:[N12:[N7:22]]

but it says im referencing a non existent element...can indirect addressing nest like this? or did i just enter it wrong?

When accepting or verifying edits, if the value presently stored in N7:22 or the result of N12:[N7:22] is out of bounds, the will be a warning. If you are also accepting logic that will guarantee the validity of the results, you can ignore this error...I usually go ahead and populate that data table spot with a number I calculate as a check of my logic, then see if the warning goes away.

However, I think the first problem is double indirection and syntax. I am not sure you can have two indirect references in a single instruction, unless one of them is a bit reference, and this rule may be platform dependent. As a last test, try putting normal parenthesis just inside the outer pair of square brackets...

Nevertheless, for more portable code, solve N12:[N7:22] first (MOV it to a normal N7:sumthin') then use that result as the N27 index, if it doesn't verify.

Last edited: