Verify project vs Controller with RSLogix5000

HNguyen

After I open a project in RSLogix5000, how do I verify the project with the program resides in the Contrologix controller ??
Other PLC software like Omron, Keyence etc. they have a function to verify the program against the PLC.

Thanks.

I have never seen that option, but the way you know your program in the plc is the same as the one you have in your computer is like this. Open your offline program in your pc then try to go online using your comm path ( serial or ethernet) then if you go online with no questions then they are the same otherwise there is a difference.

hope this will help

Have you tried the Compare utility?

If you do as widelto suggests you will know either "yes" they are the same or "no" they are different. If different use the Compare utility to see precisely what is different.

OG

I uploaded the program from the PLC then made some change . When I tried to do as Bill suggested, it did not show any thing. I neither find the Compare function in utility! I still using 7.02.10, what version yours ?

HN

verifying a logix 5000 programme

Unfortuantely RSLogix does not provide a convient tool for verify on/off line programmes without upleading the current programme and running it through the Compare Utility (supplied as a utility with the later versions.

Since the controller is not a structured controller like the PLC 5 or SLC, a similiar compare utility is not available

I think it was available starting with version RLLogix5000 V12. It is now into it's own version of 2. It is a real pain and I seldom use it.

Bob