VM Question

Hmm, I had no trouble. If you use with Notepad or Notepad++ to open the .zip archive file that you downloaded, are "7z" the first two characters?

Anyway, attached here is the single file was in that archive. I appended the .txt extension to the filename, which extension you will probably have to remove to use the file.

v2 attached, see if it helps.

Hi, Apologies for the delay.

I have tried the new config file but unfortunately there is no noticeable change. In fact, I think it's slower starting up >5 mins but once it's going it OK. However, the resolution of the screen is still off. All icons are huge and Studio5000 is almost unusable.

I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks for the help

Was the image created by VCenter from a server class?

Your host is I9 32GB and running VMware v17, correct?

Was the image created by VCenter from a server class?

Your host is I9 32GB and running VMware v17, correct?

I'm not sure, I just installed VCenter standalone on the PC is wanted to virtualize and I then selected 'This local PC'.

It's worth noting that I used an external HD as the destination for VCenter to virtualize to. It's also where I run the VM (and all my other VMs) from.

Yes, see PC details attached. It runs other VMs (that I have been given, not created) and programs like Solidworks with ease.

Sys.png

Last edited:
In general, running VM from an external drive is slower, but that's not entirely true.
If your internal drive is spinning disk vs external ssd drive, the external drive will win.

Plus, he indicated that he runs his VM and other VMs from the external drive.

However , he did not give me any good info nor response to my question. Either way, I dont really need to see the darn image.

Let's assume your created VM is VM1 folder. Copy 'other' VM to VM2 folder.
goto VM2 folder and rename the .vmdk to .bkup. and copy vm1file.vmdk to the VM2 folder and rename it to be the same. Run it and see it's it better.