What counts, the Truck or the fellow?

Pierre,

Dont be put off by the labels "door, or access control" they are very adaptable for whatever your imigination can conjour up. Most, if not all of the controllers / readers can be programmed for a timed momentary output, latched output, or only on when in proximity of an authorized keytag. The controllers usually have 2 proximity Wiegand format inputs for the reader. Some are expandable for adding inputs and outputs. You can connect the readers to the inputs in various configurations. In our case we connect one reader in paralell to all inputs. Each input is programed to read the card, verify it, then activate the approperate output.

Lets say for example in your case you will have one reader on the gas nozzle. The reader will be wired to both Wiegand input ports on the controller. There is a keytag mounted on the truck, and one in the operators hand. (each keytag has a unique ID). The operator will place the nozzle in the fill tube on the truck which will activate the 1st output. Then the operator will present his personal tag to to same prox reader, which in turn activate the sencond output, and since both outputs are up, start the pump. The pump will then latch until the nozzle is pulled away from the tag mounted on the truck. All events are recorded by the controller software.

All the controllers will be networked via IP and operate from one software package on your PC at any remote location. There you can manage the permissions for each tag, and track all events across the entire system. On the PC end you will see 2 "readers" outputs for each fuel stop, (one for the personal, and one for the truck). However you may label each input individually for the entire system. If you have 10 stops you will see it as one system with 20 readers. The system will record events by reader, personell, and truck. It will record date and time. You will have to deal with how much gas on your own, but you can move the events into someting like an Access or SQL database, combine it with the fuel usage, and format it for your needs.

Ok so also check out these links:

This is our favorate reader: http://www.securakey.com/docs/rkwm1.html
But that may not work well on a gas nozzle...

Here's a the controller we used a on a few recent jobs: http://www.securakey.com/docs/skacp1.html

Here's the softare for the Securakey system: http://www.securakey.com/docs/sknet1.html you can download a none IP verson free from their website.

The customer that we installed this system for is using the same tags to gain entry into the building, and use of the elevator only to that tennents floor. Somethin like 12 controllers, and 1500 keytags. This system is managed via modem from a remote office. I setup the entire system with no prior expierance. Not hard to do.... (My wife says I have an IQ of 76, and am ADD and dislesic, cant spell either, but neither can you...).

Anyway here's a link for another controller, and software: http://www.kerisys.com/pages/products/mdac/mdac.asp

Sofware for the above controller: (If you download the sofware remember to look past the lables such as door one, door two etc.. you can change them to suit your application) http://www.kerisys.com/pages/products/mdac/doors/doors.asp

I already shot you a few links on other readers and tags via PM. Keep in mind that any controller with a Wiegand input should work with any Wiegand compatable prox reader. Prox readers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, but you might have to look a little harder to find one that will suit you application best. The same goes for keytags.

Best regards, Mike.

Thanks.

Meet with there Eng. Dept today and they where real happy about the idea of only tagging trucks.

Also by the fact that close proximity of RFID and anttennas prevented to fill a 5 gallon tank.

Now on my way to meet there VP Finance. The demand came from him.

Thanks again.

There is more to this system than just RFID but its an important part of it.

Pierre said:
Now on my way to meet there VP Finance. The demand came from him.

Bean counters always want to know WHO's spending the money along with knowing where it went....

Anyway I hope I've been some help. Good luck with it.

Mike.