What do people think about reply to posts

I can linearize that ball valve ( in another thread ) in no time but I would need some info first. I could assume but you know...too many times the assumption is wrong.

I could see that you were Shacking Your Head (l had to goggle that), at the limited amount of info that was supplied, but then again Peter, that is why people come here to learn from the masters.
Of course it would be great if posters thought more about there prob, researched to the max, so then they would know the info they would need to supply for one of the experts here, if willing too, to supply them the answer.
There is to much, "throw the question out there" and hope someone else will do all the work. It looks like drbitboy is enjoying filling that mantra and doing a great job.👨🏻‍🏫

...It looks like drbitboy is enjoying filling that mantra and doing a great job.👨🏻‍🏫

I am taking advantage that many here are burnt out with the lack of effort by some OPs, and giving them second (or third, or fourth;)) best.

Also, the best way to get the right answer is to post a wrong answer - I'm the President of the club that manages the second half of that aphorism.

I don't suffer fools posting half baked questions where they could easily find the answer if they read the f manual.
My view is obviously tainted by what I have witnessed in the field.
I have seen a few accidents and 1 death.
All caused by dumb employees and very bad programming.

If the poster has a lazy attitude to asking for help, this probably continues into lazy programming. And those machines in the right circumstances can injure and kill.

I'm sure a lot of it is with this politically correct nonsense and you can be sued for hurting someone's feelings.
Better to hurt their feelings than them really hurting another human being.

I've seen painters thrown off conveyor belts because they just pressed the stop button.
The programmer didn't lock out the sensors when in stop mode and the painters did not isolate the belts. I could go on....
And the one where a man died, I have written on here about it before. I don't like re-telling it. But that was also down to bad programming and dumb employees.
We need to try and cut out one of those factors.

That is disappointing. I always found your posts helpful and was very grateful when you helped me. Please reconsider; I know you have a lot to offer.

I agree with this post!
DAMICA has helped me immensely in understanding the Micro820/850, CCW and its capabilities. I always look for his posts first when dealing with them! Thanks David!

Thanks folks for all the help you are able to give from all your years of experience.

There are much younger ones like myself, who do not have all the experience and much more frequently run into applications where we need to do research and ask questions. In fact, maybe we don't know all the questions we need to ask to get to the proper solution. So, please, if we do not provide sufficient information in the first post, please respectfully ask for info you need rather than throwing us all in the "lazy, wanting someone else to do the work" category. Its obvious that there are some posters here in that category.

Personally, I enjoy reading the posts where people explained above and beyond the original question or offer other solutions and side notes. Whether or not it applies directly to the question, it provides many helpful tips and ideas.

Thanks again for all those who answer lots of questions. I know it takes up your precious time.