What have you built?

I have something similar to the sensor tester in my tool box. It is built by Banner. I like it because it has sinking/sourcing indicator lights. Real handy when you need to replace the sensor who's label has long sense gone away.

Here is the product page:

http://www.bannerengineering.com/en-US/support/partref/39535

It has some quick connects so I can play around with thru beams without wiring up the machine.

This was not a work device, but a dog-controlled door opener circuit, built at home so that I could get some sleep and go to work. The dog loved it - no training required. She already had trained herself to scratch on the kitchen door to get me to open the garage door so she could go out at night.

Parts: a photoswitch, 3 timer relays, one alternator relay, a fuse, toggle switch, and scrap pieces of wire, all in a home-made wooden box mounted on the wall next to the exisiting garage door open pushbutton.

The dog used this device for the rest of her life to come and go at night (remote country so no leash needed). She scratched, the door opened about 18" (controlled by R4), she went out and done her business, came back and scratched again and the door closed. I am apologize for the poor drawing - all I ever made. If there is any interest, I can redraw it.

Dog-Controlled Door Opener.jpg

Last edited:
I have something similar to the sensor tester in my tool box. It is built by Banner. I like it because it has sinking/sourcing indicator lights. Real handy when you need to replace the sensor who's label has long sense gone away.
Here is the product page:
http://www.bannerengineering.com/en-US/support/partref/39535
It has some quick connects so I can play around with thru beams without wiring up the machine.
I altered mine to eliminate the batteries, but it needs AC.
While in there I also added a "Teach" button that many of the smart sensors need to "Teach" where to adjust the set point.

CIMG1422b.jpg

I altered mine to eliminate the batteries, but it needs AC.
While in there I also added a "Teach" button that many of the smart sensors need to "Teach" where to adjust the set point.

Now that's cool. Proof we can never really leave anything alone...lol