What is the cheapest device-level ring supervisor...

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
..that you know of, other than the 1783-ETAP A?

I am trying to setup a device-level ring testing setup environment for training that I may need to loan to customers, but I do not want to loan my very expensive DLR supervisors that I use for many other things most of the time.

1783-ETAP A is plentifully available in eBay, but it supports a very old version of the DLR object and Rockwell has not updated firmware version from 2.02 and some conformance test cases fail due to the 1783-ETAP, not the device under test.

Some new generation devices like the 5069-AENTR support DLR supervisor and would do the job nicely. But this module without IO commands over US$ 2K in eBay. I am looking for something 25% of that value. I do not care if it scratched or dented, as long as it works. Any ideas from the Rockwell world experts would be very much appreciated.

List of supervisor capable devices is not very long:
1756-ENxTR, 5370/5380/5480 controllers, 5069/5094 adapters, ETAP and some Stratix switches.
Maybe I missed some…