Which RSLinx Driver works with a 1747-UIC.

Sydney

Good Friday to all.

I'm trying to connect through a 1747-UIC to a AIC+, port 1, to a SLC503 on port 3, reconfigured for DH485. Which RSLinx Driver should I use and are there any known issues doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I was looking at Publication, 1747-IN063C-EN-P January 2006, but wasn't sure if this was the latest update. Device (1770-KF3/1747-KE) wouldn't' be my first guess for the Device.

If your revision of RSLinx Classic has a specifically labeled "1747-UIC" driver, of course use that.

The 1747-UIC was specifically designed to be compatible with an older device (the 1770-KF3) so that any computer whose OS supported the USB drivers could use it, no matter how old their version of RSLinx Classic was.

The specifically labeled driver is just there to make it easy to select from a list; it is identical to a properly configured KF3 driver.