WinCC Flexible 'disable operation' possible ?

userxyz

Can a 'disable operation' be done ?

Some objects must be enabled and disabled in runtime when a button is selected in a true state.

Can this be done ? Scripting ?

Thanks in advance.

Disable in PLC

Hello Jesper,

Well, all buttons are linked to (invert bits) DB's. These DB's are directly connected to outputs. In mode automatic these DB bits are directly used in my graph. It will be a to big program change I think. When a certain bit (motor for example) is setted, and we change to mode manual, this bit must still be setted. In mode manual, some bits must be disabled with a certain condition. Disable operation is something that can be done in some HMI softs, so I was hoping that WinCC Flex could do the job *** well...

:)

Why is it a mess, describe what you mean please...
I am surprised that you cannot see it yourself.
You are trying to make a solution in Flexible, but you cannot find a simple way. Then you suggest "scripts". Whenever someone just mindlessly suggest to use scripts for everything, I cringe.

Any interlocking shouldnt be dependant on the HMI.

Here is what you should do:
Use a "setbit" funcation on the HMI button.
In the PLC, evaluate the bit via a oneshot. If the oneshot fires, set an impulse bit.
Reset the HMI bit.
Evaluate the impulse bit in the PLC program and perform the toggling of the output bit, but interlock it with whichever conditions that should disallow the button function to activate.
That is the bare minimum.

If you want to add eye-candy, you can change for example the foreground color of the button to grey, when the interlocks are blocking the button function.

hmmm

It's HMI functions that have to be blocked in mode manual. There are 3 MANU/AUTO switches. In Manual mode the Manual screen overview is called. Depending on which machines are in mode Manual, the manual operation must be enabled/disabled for certain machines. I never had something like this where the customer wants 3 mode switches.
The reason why I use the same DB bits for manual and automatic mode is because, when u switch the mode, no actions may happen.

It's no interlocking, it's disabling buttons on the manual screen depending on the mode of that certain machine that can be seen in the overview screen.

I don't understand why you say: it's a mess. I'm searching for an easy solution because on my opinion, this is something an HMI should be able to do. BTW, what's wrong with scripts ? In Wonderware Intouch a lot is done by scripts. Actually I was thinking in a Wonderware way, because I allready done it in Wonderware, very simple.

I'll do it in an other way, only show what's in manual mode.

Kind regards, thanks,
Combo

I am surprised that you cannot see it yourself.
You are trying to make a solution in Flexible, but you cannot find a simple way. Then you suggest "scripts". Whenever someone just mindlessly suggest to use scripts for everything, I cringe.

Any interlocking shouldnt be dependant on the HMI.

Here is what you should do:
Use a "setbit" funcation on the HMI button.
In the PLC, evaluate the bit via a oneshot. If the oneshot fires, set an impulse bit and reset the HMI bit.
Evaluate the impulse bit in the PLC program and perform the toggling of the output bit, but interlock it with whichever conditions that should disallow the button function to activate.
That is the bare minimum.

If you want to add eye-candy, you can change for example the foreground color of the button to grey, when the interlocks are blocking the button function.

Btw

Inverting in PLC, never done this. We use Auto/Manual Switches. When the Switch is in mode Automatic, only the automatic screens are viewable. When the switch is in mode manual, all the manual screens are viewable. We show depending on the mode. I guess this is less then your minimum. If I can prevent PLC code, then I do it. A machine with 3 mode switches is something we never had before. The screens were build up at a moment when we didn't know that there were going to be 3 mode switches.

Last edited:
Hi

Hi Jesper,

As an honest person I want to tell you that you're right.
The machine is a group of several machines that starts in cascade and stops in cascade. I did this in S7-Graph. I messed up by forcing myself to use S7-Graph for the automatic mode and not write any manual logic.
I rewrote the manual part with interlocking in the PLC. More logical situation.

You're reply made me think the last days and I now understand why you said to rewrite it. The interlocking may not be done in the HMI offcourse, it's nasty.

Sorry !!o_O

Rewrite the program.
Seriously, the way you describe it, it is a mess.

Last edited: