Windows NT Hard Drive Limitation

Thanks Ron,

I had installed SP4 and SP6a but I think ATAPI.SYS got overwritten latter on when I installed a 120mb LS floppy. I read some where that that will do the damage.

What I'll do then is to remove the old 8gb drive and install NT on the new 120 Gb drive. Once I've done the install I reinstall the 8gb drive as a slave and copy NT from the OLD drive to the New drive to retain configurations.

Also the origionl drive is divided into two partitions. C: and F: (about 4 gb each) F: is the drive that all the workstations have access to and retains the shared databases. So I'll also have to move the stuff on F: to the new drive also.

Wish me luck. I'm going to start tomarrow night after everybody logs off and goes home. (for the third time).

If this dosnt work I'll just take the whole shabang down to the garage and drive one of the trucks over it. That should fix everything.

Mike.

elevmike said:
If this dosnt work I'll just take the whole shabang down to the garage and drive one of the trucks over it. That should fix everything.

I opt for this solution. Please film it for posterity... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

This is a server so I dont want to share C: My goal is c: = 4 gb, and f: = 116 gb.

Another issue. Unless there is a configuration change like a new user or a change in permisions etc.. C: is pretty much static. So I some time ago I created a mirror of C: on another physical drive. I then removed the mirror drive and placed it in a safe for backup for c:. I backup the data on F: by burning the data bases on F: onto CDs on my workstation at night.

I've noticed that in Disk Administrator, I cant seem to create a Mirror of C: and F: at the same time. I would like to have two phycical drives with mirror sets of both partitions in the server. Is this possable? If so, what could be the problem?

Mike