Wonderware - Maximum number of tags reached

We have three stand alone applications ("HVAC","ELECTRICAL" and "MAIN") our client wants us to put it into 1 application. where in we can navigate all the 3 areas.

There is always upgrading associated with transferring from a stand alone system to the system platform architecture. For one you might require additional platforms for your GR ect. There is other alternatives which are more low risk.

Try this link. Not knowing what your system looks like this lets you do application management so you could effectively have all the application on a typical multi monitor operator system. To transition between them is pretty much seamless. It would also not affect your current setup so it is very low risk. Downside some thin client hardware required.

Hope this help

Rhein,

I got a manual of Intouch 10.1 and it covers the Archestra IDE, setting up a galaxy.. I think more on basics. Ill update this thread whenever I encounter some "confusions" so that I can get some suggestions from the experts, Thanks for the Help and all of you guys!

Rolling Out!!

The Wonderware Developers Network is a fantastic resource to have... You can link to it from www.wonderware.com. Also ask your Wonderware vendor to register you through their channels as this will give you access to most of the WDN site.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Rhein,

I got a manual of Intouch 10.1 and it covers the Archestra IDE, setting up a galaxy.. I think more on basics. Ill update this thread whenever I encounter some "confusions" so that I can get some suggestions from the experts, Thanks for the Help and all of you guys!

Rolling Out!!

Be very very careful here. If you have had no training, then you can really create an unstable system.

Please, please, call your local Wonderware support. They can help you set up a stable system.

I undergone training with Intouch 10.1 (part 1) the trainer discussed this Archestra IDE. At the end of that Five day training, We accomplished and deploy a simple project.

looking for sponsors for the part 2 of the training ..... just kidding :ROFLMAO:

There is still a lot that the training class does not teach nor go over that the Local Wonderware Tech Support personnel can help with.

You might want to set up a day to discuss your project with them. They are a valuable resource and can help you with the project.

before upgrading licence tags, have you studied all the possibility.

For some smaller application we sometimes use only words for status bit, you can get 16bits status for 1 tag count...Some also do multiplexing but i don't go this route...

I guess I have to question "Has to be merge". You already know the downside, what is the perceived benefit of merging?

I've had a single plant that exceeded the max tag count, so we split the application in two and used two I/O servers. Later expansions caused us to hit the max tag count again, and we split to four I/O servers. The limit is for InTouch. Any one InTouch application has the limit, but that doesn't mean your plant has to fit in that limit.

In the example I worked on, we ended up with four I/O servers to handle 9 lines. The I/O servers were where the tag limit mattered in our case. The clients used remote references and had very low tag counts. The clients could access all four I/O servers.

We did have to manage several InTouch applications, which complicated matters. But it was workable.

Hi, are I/O servers have I/O points limit? Cause were experiencing right now a delay on update, we have 60,131 tags in 1 DASABCIP.4 I/O server.
The I/O server Diagnostics always Hang up on the SMC.

And in Wonderware,

What are the possible downside if we maximized the number of tags; Having a large number of tags 60,131 out of 61,402(license limit).

Does it has a direct effect on DASABCIP.4?

And can we directly pick an item from DASABCIP.4 and show it in Wonderware Application?, like remote tag (WW application into another WW application).

Cause in FactoryTalk I notice that some connections were directly connected to the I/O server. Does WW can do that also?

Thanks and Regards,

Vryle

How many topics are you using in DASABCIP?
Are the update rates a prime #?
Are the topics set to read all tags, or advise?