yamada external solenoid pump control

JAK

Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaching out to the community. I have recently been tasked with trying to write an algorithm controlling yamada DP-20F-EX pumps with 2 external solenoids. The literature claims the pump can move at 250 cycles/min. I am looking to incorporate a 0-100% speed selection for the pump. I am trying the following:
1. 3 timers
a. NOT T3.dn -> T1.EN
b. T1.tt controls solenoid 1
c. T1.dn -> T2.EN
d. T2.tt controls solenoid 2
e. T2.dn -> T3.EN
f. T3.dn resets T1 & T2 and T3

If I run the pulsing of T1 and T2 continuously then to achieve 250 cycles/minute that means I am running ~4.1 cycles/sec, wich means I am energizing each solenoid ~.125 seconds each (Assuming 1 cycle consists of energizing solenoid 1 and then 2). If I want to adjust the frequency here I am recalculating the T3.PRE and keeping the T1.PRE and T2.PRE constant.

Does .125 seconds sound resonable for pulsing a solenoid? Or am I missing the boat. NE suggestions/laughter would be great.

I think 0.125 seconds would not activate many solenoids. It would take a special high-speed solenoid to even start to magnetize in that short time period.