Yaskawa AC Drive

Has anyone every tried to control a Yaskawa AC Drive with an analog output module (of2) on a Micrologix 1500?
Nope as well: But it should not be difficult to control ANY VFD from ANY analogue output equipped plc!

You probably want a couple of outputs for "Enable" and "Fwd" and a "fault" input and perhaps an "Available" as well.

I've done Yaskawa (formerly Magnetek) with an analog outpur from a different brand of PLC. The only caution, applicable to any VFD control, is to determine if the VFD input is sourcing (self powered) or sinking (loop power must come from the PLC). You should find circuit diagrams in both the VFD and the PLC.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, I have a project involving a Beckhoff IPC with Twincat and a Yaskawa servo motor and drive. I'm trying to use the MC_HOME function...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to set up a Yaskawa GA500 inverter to do multi- speed stage start up. I only want 3 stages. On run, ramp to 15HZ, wait n seconds to...
Replies
Views
I figured out a solution to a vfd issue... at least in theory. Yaskawa has a program called Drive Works EZ that you can have PLC-type functions...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have machines uses MP2600 servo drive, the operation of the servo motor is just to syncrhonize to the speed of the machine (carrousel)...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone! Got roped into a project where they want to feed speed and distance values (INT or DINT) From a Unitronics HMI...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom