Zelio FBD question ( newbie)

Zimmer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Bit of a newbie here, be gentle :D
Playing here with a Telemecanique/Schneider Zelio unit.
Can manage ladder program, but totally new to this FBD language but would like to give it a go, so was thinking a practical example like I would use may be the best way to learn.

Example:

If I had two pumps say Q1 and Q2
controlled by 3 float switches with normally open contacts

I1 bottom float switch
I2 middle float switch
I3 top level float switch

When water level reaches I1, i.e contact I1 closes no pump switcheon.s .
When water level reaches I2, i.e contact I2 closes, pump 1 (Q1) switches ON
When water level reaches I3, i.e contact I3 closes pump 2 (Q2) also switches ON
When water level falls below I1 i.e contact I1 opens, both pumps switch OFF

I have figured out how to get the lcd screen to display whatever I like, but was wondering if anyone give me an idea of writing the above example in "good" FBD.

Last edited:
Well its difficult to say what will be a "good" program. if it works and works safely with good comments then who is to say that it isnt a good program. basically you will use the "and" and "or" blocks to get this functioning. paste what you have done and we will give you pointers

Thanks for the reply, haven't done anything with FBD at all yet.
I used the above example because I remember doing a ladder version once upon a time.
Will psych myself up for an attempt with FBD shortly. :ROFLMAO:

OK.
Today, I did out a ladder version of the example, I used above.
In the above example, when input 1 "closes", and input 2 "closes" then output 1 is activated and remains activated until input 1 "opens".
How do I do that using FBD.
Thanks

screen-capture-31.jpg

Hi,

Have a look at the attached. I think i have translated it correct to FBD.

However I would have done the programming of this type of function in ladder since i think FBD gets a bit like spagethi in Zelio.

Sometimes ladder is best and sometimes FBD. Unfortunately you can not use both languages as in a real PLC.

s1.jpg

Thanks for your help m8.
I see what you mean about the spaghetti too lol.
It's probably me doing something wrong, because I never used FBD before, but when I try to recreate your example using FBD (simulation) , once all 3 floats are "closed" once, then later when they all are "opened", from then on Float 1 seems to switch ON both pumps regardless of Float 2 and Float 3.

To get rid of some of the spagetti it is possible to hide the lines. Right hand click on a line and select Type of wiring > Text.

You can also enlarge the "workspace" and group the different functions and put a rectangle and some text.

s2.jpg s3.jpg

One thing that is really cool in Zeliosoft is the way you can make a macro. This way you can make a User Defined Function Block.

You can make a pump control and reuse for other pumps in your program. And of course get rid och spagetticode.

I sure wish you could do this trick in Zelios big brother Twido..........................

s3.jpg

@Karsten
Thanks m8.
Can you double check your diagram, I think that once the 3 floats have operated once, that the circuit does not reset.
i.e float 1 switches the pumps on and off regardless of floats 2 and 3.
Cheers

@Karsten
Thanks m8.
Can you double check your diagram, I think that once the 3 floats have operated once, that the circuit does not reset.
i.e float 1 switches the pumps on and off regardless of floats 2 and 3.
Cheers

Better you give it a try with the simulator. That way you will learn more. I think you will sort it out quite soon by some trial and error in the simulator

Thanks guys
I have another question (one of many lol)
In a zelio module equipped with a clock, is it possible to have a "run meter"
i.e on the home screen to show, how many hours minutes an output has been active.

Use: PRESET H-METER (Preset Hour Counter)

Note, this can only be used in FBD not Ladder.