Does 1768-ENBT/A Rev. 2.3 Supports MSG instruction?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I am trying to connect to a Zebra printer. I can print the label with hyperterminal both by RS232 and TCP/IP.

Now, I am trying to send de label from the PLC through Ethernet, but when Create sockets a message appears: Error processing connection related service.

I have read several post and tried different things but the error continues.

The hardware is:
1768-L45 Revision 17.4
1768-ENBT/A Revision 2.3

Is 1768-ENBT capable of sockets connections? Should I update the firmware? In this case also I should update the CPU firmware.

O what else could I do?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Socket_Configuration.jpg
    Socket_Configuration.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Socket_Communication.jpg
    Socket_Communication.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10
According to the technote IN37624 (Access Level Techconnect) ver 1.002 or higher is required.
Based on your screenshot, I suspect that you did not set path correctly. It's pointing to the Slot 3.
Don't know what do you have in your chassis, but module next to the processor is Slot 1.
If you have ENBT module in IO configuration, then it would show the module name instead.

According to the technote IN37624 (Access Level Techconnect) ver 1.002 or higher is required.
Based on your screenshot, I suspect that you did not set path correctly. It's pointing to the Slot 3.
Don't know what do you have in your chassis, but module next to the processor is Slot 1.
If you have ENBT module in IO configuration, then it would show the module name instead.
The 1768-ENBT/A is in the slot 1, slot 0 CPU, In the communications tab, If I browse for the ethernet card and select the name of the card, after close the path is shown like 1,3.
If I change the path to 1,1 and select apply, it is accepted, but when I open again the communications tab path 1,3 is shown.

I don’t know who wrote your code but is obvious that code is overwriting the message path.
The code is from AB, a couple of years I used in a Domino Printer, now I am reusing for a Zebra Printer. (just 2 small routines)

You were right, a tag was overwriting the path. Now it is shown correctly. 😄

Now, I have another error message, I have changed some options but without sucess.

Error Code 16#0005 Class or instance not supported.

What else can I do?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Socket_Configuration_v2.jpg
    Socket_Configuration_v2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Socket_Communication_v2.jpg
    Socket_Communication_v2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4
Oh, wait, 1768-ENBT does not support sockets at all. I got confused with 1769-EWEB module that supports sockets. Sorry.