OT -Love(???) For Industrial Engineers

If you dont call me at 3 am to come down and fix the machine that 'will not ever run again' (read: move the prox sw on the cylinder) and you can fix it yourself then you would get lots of respect from me, Bubba is my best friend :)

As long as you didn't add the prox without telling anyone. Then fail to update the prints because you are going to do it "later". On top of all that you then find an unused input to wire it to, but fail to update the tag description to show it as a prox not a pressure switch, you will sleep well. Otherwise Bubba is going to get grumpy, and phones are going to ring.

I wish this example was made up, but sadly that exact thing happened a couple of weeks ago, and is only one of many examples of our "Engineers" helping make things "better".

I will say however that the good engineers are a great to work with and have made my life much easier when I'm lucky enough to work with them. Their phones don't ring in the middle of the night unless there is absolutely no other option.

Will.

It's been a long day and we're thoroughly off topic, so I'll share.

This year I bought a special T-shirt for Independence Day and have worn it a few times at the office since. It's the most American thing I could think of. And being a liveaboard, I had to make room in my wardrobe for it !

Everyone at the office looks, scratches their head, and then laughs out loud.

196544_1.jpg

https://www.teepublic.com/show/196544-ac-dc-tesla-edison