Powerflex 525 Embedded Ethernet- Using Disable Keying ?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a quick question about the Powerflex 525 embedded ethernet drive. I'm using a CompactLogix 1769-L18 and using Ethernet to communicate with the drives . I would like to not be "stuck" with using the same drive when replacing it.

If I use
"Disable Keying - the controller will not employ keying."

Does this mean I can use a 7.5 Hp Powerflex 525 to replace a 5 Hp , etc. ?

Thanks so much for your help.

I have used "disable Keying" to ignore firmware major revision mismatches but I have never attempted to try and connect to a different HP drive so im not sure how it would act.

With the PF525 AOP you define the drive type, HP, voltage etc... I cold see a conflict there if it doesn't match. If you tried the PF525 AOP and it doesnt like it you may be successful using a generic ethernet module for your communication.

Just go to the General tab, then change button, match drive.
Pretty simple if want to change to a different drive. And your definition is already defined for a 5hp.

And change your parameters from old drive to new drive that is documented. Its probably going to ask to download I think? yes
Or give you option of replacing certain parameters? edit

This is where it glitches on me so pay attention.