Programming

Joe Oluku

J
Hi Guys

I am not an engineer but I do some programming not concerning plc or engineering. I am very interested in learning these Plc programming, my question is do I have to be an enginer to program a PLC?

Best regards
Joe

Hi Joe,

No, one doesn't have to be an "Engineer" to write programs for PLC's, though a through understanding of your machine / process is a MUST to do a good and SAFE job.

Also you should check on your National/Local safety laws/regulations governing machines/controls to make sure that you work meets those requirements.

Check out this site for some good information.

www.thelearningpit.com

Can anyone post some links to other learning sites for Joe?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi, I am trying to set up a plc. I've never done any programming with ladder logic previously. I'm trying to set up a a program to turn a device...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I have fx2n plc on my hand but I don't have the programming cable sc-09 and it would not be easy for me to get one. I need the cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i am the new controls guy at the plant and i have inherited a pc from the previous controls guy with Siemens tia portal version 16 and 17...
Replies
Views
I need to pull the program off of an old 90-30 so I can convert it to Allen Bradley. This is my first time messing with GE and I don't have the...
Replies
Views
New to vfds. I put in parameters. IP, but I get ethernet flashing and link solid. What did I do wrong?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom