Trying to wrap my head around setting up digital I/O on a PowerFlex 755

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I am trying to setup a PowerFlex 755 and I can't get my head wrapped around the digital I/O setup concept. It doesn't look like the way you can setup the PowerFlex 40's , etc. that you have a easy selection of what you want these I/O to do. The customer needs the following .........

DI 1 - Stop
DI 2. - Start
Relay Output 1 - Drive Running
Relay Output 2 - Fault
AI 1. - Speed Reference
AO 1 - Actual Speed
AO 2 - Torque 0-100%

Also , if I want just local control to start with where do I select to use the keypad for the speed reference . I have all the manuals , but it just takes you all over the place.

I'm sorry. It seems like the older I get the less patience I have . It really should be the other way around.

Thanks for your help.

DI 1 - Stop
Set Port 0/Feedback &IO /DigIn Functions/ Parameter 158, DI Stop
TO Port x, Parameter 1, Bit 0 which is DI 1 status. Port x is the port you installed your I/O card into on your drive, eg port 4

DI 2. - Start
Set Port 0/Feedback &IO /DigIn Functions/ Parameter 161, DI Start
TO Port x, Parameter 1, Bit 1 which is DI 2 status

Relay Output 1 - Drive Running
SET xx.series I/O / Digital outputs / 10 - RO0Sel
TO Port 0, Parameter 935 Bit 16 is the running status, although if you want it on for running and jogging, then you need the ACTIVE status, which is P935 Bit 1

Relay Output 2 - Fault
SET xx.series I/O / Digital outputs / 20 - RO1Sel
TO Port 0, Parameter 935 Bit 7 is the fault status

AI 1. - Speed Reference
SET Port 0 / Speed Control / Speed Reference / 545 Speed Ref A Sel
TO Port x, Parameter 50 which is Analog Input 0 Value. Port x is whichever port you installed the I/O card into.

AO 1 - Actual Speed
SET xx.series I/O / Analog Outputs / 75 - Anlg Out0 Sel
TO Port 0, Parameter 3, which is Motor Vel Feedback

AO 2 - Torque 0-100%
SET xx.series I/O / Analog Outputs / 85 - Anlg Out1 Sel
To Port 0, Parameter 4, which is Commanded Torque

I want just local control to start with where do I select to use the keypad for the speed reference
Putting the drive in Manual mode from the HMI will select Speed reference B.
And so if we:
SET Port 0 / Speed Control / Speed Reference / 550 Speed Ref B Sel
TO Port 0, Parameter 871, which is the speed reference from the HMI (assuming it is in Port 1)

Thanks , great information. Now I am dealing with a "Stop Asserted " I have no idea where that is coming from. I am trying to look in ......
Communications / owners / 919 Stop Owner. I can't get into it. It goes from 912 to 930. Any ideas ?

I am trying to look in ......
Communications / owners / 919 Stop Owner. I can't get into it. It goes from 912 to 930. Any ideas ?

What is parameter 301 set to? You have to change it from the default of 0-Basic, to 1-Advanced or 2-Expert to have access to all parameters.