TIA Portal V14 Online monitoring problem

Blue Fox

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with V14 of TIA Portal that I have just upgraded to.

When I try to monitor a function command in ladder logic the colours all change from the non monitoring version but the states of the bits doesn't change in the ladders, i.e. a bit which is true isnt showing in green like it has on all the previous versions of TIA Portal I have used. I am getting the status of all the function commands and all are showing green i.e. online and offline are the same, system is saying it is online and if I modify a bit from 0 to 1 that is also working but even if I modify it myself the colour of the bit doesn't change. :confused::confused:

Any help very gratefully received!

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with V14 of TIA Portal that I have just upgraded to.

When I try to monitor a function command in ladder logic the colours all change from the non monitoring version but the states of the bits doesn't change in the ladders, i.e. a bit which is true isnt showing in green like it has on all the previous versions of TIA Portal I have used. I am getting the status of all the function commands and all are showing green i.e. online and offline are the same, system is saying it is online and if I modify a bit from 0 to 1 that is also working but even if I modify it myself the colour of the bit doesn't change. :confused::confused:

Any help very gratefully received!

I often have this happen when I write an FB/FC, but then forget to actually call it from somewhere (OB1).

Hi,

Thankjs fro the reply, It is just as if the function block isnt being called, however it is as the program is running so I really cant understand why it is doing this?

When you say the program is running, what do you mean by that? Is the PLC executing the specific FB you downloaded, or just some things?

Is there any error message in the lower window?

Thank again for your help. Yes the program is executing the FB im trying to look at, I've now also tried going online with Tia Portal V13 on the same laptop and it is all working perfectly it just the V14 that I'm having the issues with.

Did you select the correct call instanc to monitor? Check for "call environment". If you call an FC 10 times then you can select which call to monitor. I don't have TIA at home so that I can post a screenshot.