Siemens ring network topology

doomsword

Quick question, is it possible to have ring network over X1P2 and X2P1 ports?
I see this in some schemes I have, I'm adding hw configuration for network right now.
I have IM155-5 and IM155-6 with I/Os connected in ring like this.
Shouldn't this be done on X1P1 and X1P2, while X2P1 should be left for line connection? :confused:

Untitled.png

For an MRP ring you have to use the X1P1 and X1P2 ports.
X1P1 and X1P2 are the same interface with switch functionality on the 2 ports. So these ports will be in the same network.

X2P1 is a separate port which should be used for a separate network.

For an MRP ring you have to use the X1P1 and X1P2 ports.
X1P1 and X1P2 are the same interface with switch functionality on the 2 ports. So these ports will be in the same network.

X2P1 is a separate port which should be used for a separate network.

So, if i understood correctly, this wiring is wrong since X1P1 and X1P2 are always the same interface and cannot be used in two different networks?