Time based TC

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know that this is a little off topic, but I need some help finding a replacement for some old ATC mechanical time proportional temperature controlers...these units have a rotary dial that sets 0 to 99% "ON" time over a set, in my case 15 second, time period. Say you put the dial at 50%...then the output is on for 7.5 sec, and off for 7.5 sec, and so on...
What I want to do is replace the old mechanical, and hard to come by, controller, with a solid state unit...Eurotherm used to make one, but I couldn't find a listing online...Husky used the Eurotherm units to control the Sprue heaters on PET molds a few years back,I'm not sure if they still do.
I know, its old tech, but it's what TPTB want, anyway I have to continue using them until I get all my mold head heaters updated to include a t/c, which may take a year or so.
Any ideas are welcomed...BTW, these are used on machines that do not, for the most part, have PLC's in them...remember RELAY LADDER LOGIC?...and Cam switches?
David

Thanks group...I think that I'll get the ATC units...they look just like the mechanical ones, so the operators won't get scared with a "new" control....
David:beerchug: :site: