A Few Questions RE: AB PLCs and EZTouch Screens

Aaron

A
Hi all! Nice forum you got going here. I'm very new to the PLC Programming world, in fact I am just working on my first project.

I have a few questions regarding Allen Bradley PLCs and EZTouch screens. Can anyone give me a review on EZTouch programming software? (AutoTech Technologies EZTouch v2.2) Is it a good program to start out with for a novice? I've been using it for about 2 hours and I've already got multiple screens created. Really seems like a great program. Any cons to worry about? Also, we are going to be receiving our first copy of the Allen-Bradley RSLogix software to program our MicroLogix 1500 controller. Can anyone give me some ideas about this software... wondering about ease of use, developement time, etc.

Also looking for links that will help me with my project, specifically websites that deal with programming the Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1500 modules and EZTouch 6" screens.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

My Review based on my limited experience 4/5 Stars.

I have programmed 2 EZtouch screens, one 8" Color with DH+, and one 6" B&W with DF1, and 2 years ago I was purely into oilfield construction. The only PLC I programmed before was on an old Telemechanique with a hand-held terminal in the 4th year of my Electrical apprenticeship.

I was taught RS Logix 5 and 500 by myself and the fine folks who frequent this site, and learned EZTouch on my own (very simple).

You are on the right track, and know a good deal when you see it too...

Vetteboy

Aaron: I use the AB 1500 alot they seem to be great, with no problems to mention. I don't know what U-R plaining to do with it but it will do just about anything. Using the EZTouch screen is great, but the price is alittle high compared to the maple system which gives U several options for alittle of nothing. Check it out at Maple System.com. What do U plain on designing with U-r system?

Our little company obtained a contract to produce a few conveyer belt type machines. They basically move pre-loaded boxes up to the operator. (Loading is not our operation, just moving the boxes forward) We are using stop guards, motion sensors, swiveling mechanisms, and a few other things.

Most of the software programming (both PLCS and Touch Screen) is already completed, I am just expanding on it.

Thanks for the reviews.