Issues installing Step 7 v5.3 & WinCC 2005

smcmanus

Hi. I am trying to install Step 7 v5.3 on XP Pro. I have all the latest windows updates. The software just hangs up during the install. There are no errors. Just shows the hour glass. I have gone on the Siemens web site but did not see a fix. I am trying to install it on a new HP Laptop NX9600. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dear smcmanus,

Are U installing Simatic manager V5.3 SP2 ?. If it is SP2, you need to install basic version first. Can U able to check out...this

Gope.

Well the CD is Labled Step 7 Professional SR4. Is there a difference between SR? and SP?(Service Release / Service Pack). So when you say SP2, is that Windows XP SP2 or Siemens SP2 and is that the same as SR2.

Thanks

What does it say on the package or the license certificate ?
I have STEP7 Pro 2005, but the CDs are labelled STEP7 v5.4. The CDs are the same as the regular STEP7, only the license is different.
Edit: The "SR" makes it sound like it is an older version.

You may have problems with running an old version of STEP7 on Windows XP SP2.
If you need to know which version is OK, then search for "Windows compatibility" on Siemens support site.

There is an issue with Step 7 and HP laptops, I believe it is to do with the wireless network manager. I can't find the reference to it but it should be on the Siemens support website.