SLC 5/05 to Panelview Plus Alarm Banner Help

lapeerjay

Well, hello all, this is my first post. I really need some help with this one. I have a SLC 5/05 processor and I will be connecting to a PV Plus 1000 via ethernet. I have a two station machine, functioning independentally of each other but sharing the HMI. If I use the single alarm banner, how can I address the faults independent of each other? Also, how rough are the communications going to be to get the SLC and the PV to communicate?

Thanks for any help.

Jay:eek:

COMMUNICATIONS:
SLC5/05 to PV+1000, use ETHERNET. (Attach a switch so that you can use your PC as well, along with any other ethernet components that you may need to access in the future.
ALARMING:
You can do a number of different things...it all comes down to time.
Do you have 2 PLC's?
Your alarm windows can be split up.
You really need to read the ALARM setup of the PV+ software. (RsviewStudio ME)
There is a lot to cover in a quick reply, but keep asking as you run into issues......

I think I will be o.k. on that issue, but here is a new one. Same setup 5/05 to PV Plus1000. I am not addressing using symbols, but rather using the bit and I/O addresses. I imported my tag database through Tag editor and gave it my project number. When I try to communicate, what type of trouble could I run into by giving the tag database in the PV a different name than my processor name, or does it matter? My addresses for indicators look like this {1769-Tag\I_2_0_5}. Could someone lend me a hand?