SLC 5/03 to Panelview Plus 7 Standard

haldunkle

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good evening. I am trying to get a SLC 5/03 connected to a Panelview Plus 7 Standard using a Moxa Mgate EIP3170 and I am not having much luck. I know that it has been done. Right now, as long as my laptop is online with the PLC and Factorytalk View Studio Me is open, it works the way it should. As soon as I disconnect my laptop, close both programs, and shut my laptop. I get Local PCCC error 0x20 reading N79:0-N79:8 from SLC at 192.168.xxx.xxx. I am using FactoryTalk View version 13 and the firmware on the Panelview is at 13 as well. I am saving the HMI program as level 12. I have tried setting the Moxa up like DF1 Router by Aparian but that is not working and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I guess you are trying to use a device with a requirement of ethernet ip driver that an Slc 5/03 does not support. Using ethernet devices driver would possibly help you.

I entered the ip address of the Moxa MGate under the Ethernet devices driver. The SLC connects to the MGate using DF1 via its serial port. I can see the SLC in RSLinx and connect to it wirelessly with Ethernet. I tried using the instructions for a Aparian DF1 router that I found. I was hoping that there was someone on here that has done this and made the same mistake I did.