AB DeviceNet

hazey

Hi guys looking for some help. I have a Controllogix 1756-l55 ver 11.25. It currently has a 1756-dnb ver 3.01 card installed. I have installed another scanner card ver7.01. The problem is with this card I can see it in RSWho but cannot connect to it. Also have field devices connected with an error on card of NO RX (no scan list?) The card has a mismatch error when looking at properties in RSLogix. Do I need to change firmware of 1756-dnb to 3.01? I have controlflash but when I try to do this I cannot see any revisions when I click show all?

Thanks for your help

Hazey

RSLinx 2.42 and RSNetworx ver 5. I do not want to upgrade the old card I just need to get the new version working.

thanks
Hazey

What files is controlflash looking foe? EDS? I seem to have the firmware upgrades but they do not pop up on screen?

thanks

Hazey

RSLinx is showing the card with no question mark. The original card has a plus symbol beside it, when you open that there is another tree with A DeviceNet. The new card does not have this tree???

thanks

Hazey

hazey said:
Thanks Praveen. Download it into RSnetworx?

thanks

Hazey

Download it onto your pc somewhere and then use the RSLinx EDS Install tool to install it

LinxEDS1.jpg

hazy,

a mismatch error is telling you that one of your devices in the real world is not a match for the device in the DNB's scan list. mismatch can include a devices revision level. example:
powerflex40.rev4.03 in scanlist
powerflex40.rev4.01 is real world

another example:
powerflex40.rev4.03 in scanlist
powerflex4.rev4.03 in real world
depending whether you have selected to ignore minor revision mismatch or not will determine if your network scanner will remain in communication with the mismacthed device.
Hope this helps.
BD

RSL5K ver 15 only support DNB 7.01 so disable the keying will solve the issue

warning!!!

Disable the keying causes the processor will issue commands whatever the module place in the paricular slot based on logix so be beware the safety issue

Bikerdude at this stage I have no scanlist in card as I cannot download into it. The error is there with cable disconnected.

thanks

Hazey

Praveen I had disabled keying as an earlier thought but It did not help. I will need to try eds file in the morning.

thanks

Hazey