AB DeviceNet

It is not an EDS file issue; V11.xx of RSlogix 5000 anly supported Major Rev. 3 for the DNB (that's all that existed back then). V15 is the first version to support DNB Major Rev. 7, and V13 supported Major Rev's 3, 4 , and 5. You need to use ControlFlash and flash the new DNB back to Major Rev. 3 if you plan on leaving the project as V11.25.

Here's the deal: RSLinx will identify the new 1756-DNB and show you an icon for it, but it won't show you a + sign or the network beyond the DNB because it doesn't know that this module is a network bridge.

Why ? Because the EDS file for the new module tells RSLinx that it's a network bridge. That's why you need to download the new EDS and register it using the EDS Hardware Registration Tool that 504bloke described.

Once you've done that, you can deal with the mismatch in RSNetworx software. RSNetworx has been configured for a scanlist in a version 3.0 1756-DNB module, and when you replaced the 3.0 module with a 7.0 module the software correctly warned you that there is a mismatch between the two.

In RSNetworx, right-click on the 1756-DNB with the blue "not equal" sign on it, and you'll find a selection for "resolve device mismatch". This updates the RSNetworx software file to know that it has a version 7 scanner instead of a version 3 scanner.

It's always easier to use current software that has full support for a range of firmware revisions, but the 1756-DNB has been very compatible over the years with its basic scanner functionality, and you should be able to make this work even with your older software.

Guys thanks it was the EDS file for the scanner card. Now only have one problem left. I have Wago I/O connected 750-346, it has error E78 on scanner card and the Wago has a red minus symbol in RS Networx. Could this also be an EDS problem?

thanks

Hazey

No, the I/O error is more fundamental than an EDS version problem.

Error 78 indicates "explicit message connection attempt failed".

The 1756-DNB continuously attempts to create I/O connections to the devices in its scanlist by sending them DeviceNet explicit messages. When those can't get through because the slave device is not at the expected address, is disconnected, or just does not answer, then you get Error 78. Often you see it after Error 72 (I/O connection broken) because the 1756-DNB tries to re-connect to the slave devices if they are removed from the network.

Check the usual physical aspects of the network (24 VDC on the red and black wires, and 60 ohms across blue and white with the power off) and check the address and data rate settings on your I/O blocks.