Newbie has Problems with EDesigner and E1070 HMI

blubb0r

Dear Folks,

I'm trying to use a E1070 HMI in connection with a Keyence LK-G Laser ( LINK ). The Laser is connected with the HMI by RS232
But I have big Problems with the EDesigner Software.
I've made three analogic numeric fields !
Two of them should be filled with data, which I've entered
The other one should be filled with the measurement data of the Laser.

But the analog numeric fields don't save my entries :( It always shows these symbol # after i entered 200 e.g.

I think the reason why this happens, is that I don't know what to put in the analog signal field in the analog numeric field properties !

Here is a screen shot (don't fear because of the german language ;-) ):
asizmvg5qbbb4x92c.jpg

Greets and thanks,
blubb0r

Last edited:
Hi

You get the # (hash) marks when the number is too big to fit into the digits you allow. So check that C2 is 16 bit. Also it is unusual to try to put values into counters this way, there is usually an instruction you have to use in the PLC programme to load a new current value. So it could be that the value of C2 is bigger than the three digits you are trying to use. Use your PLC program diagnostics to view the current value of C2. Perhaps if you change from using a counter variable to a word variable you will have better results.

Bryan

Also make the field 4 & change it to unsigned int.
The last poster may be correct, counters often use bcd or may have 32 bit words where they use the upper nible as timebase or bits.

hmmm...
I've changed it to unsigned 16-bit but it didn't work.
I've also changed the type from analog numeric field to string but it also didn't work.
I'm confused :confused: :unsure:
In these fields I want to enter small values (field 1: 1 till 25; field 2: 100 till 300)
They are for the number and diameter of my device under test....

another mysterious thing is that the simulator has no problems with these programs !
When I start the Simulator, everything works perfectly !

Is it possible to get the measurement results directly into the HMI (connected with the measurement machine by a RS232 cable) ? What do I have to consider ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english
:ROFLMAO:

Greets,
blubb0r

blubb0r said:
hmmm...
I've changed it to unsigned 16-bit but it didn't work.
I've also changed the type from analog numeric field to string but it also didn't work.
I'm confused :confused: :unsure:
In these fields I want to enter small values (field 1: 1 till 25; field 2: 100 till 300)
They are for the number and diameter of my device under test....

another mysterious thing is that the simulator has no problems with these programs !
When I start the Simulator, everything works perfectly !

Is it possible to get the measurement results directly into the HMI (connected with the measurement machine by a RS232 cable) ? What do I have to consider ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english
:ROFLMAO:

Greets,
blubb0r

Which type and model of PLC are you using ?

If the C in your example is meant to be addressing a counter rather than a tagname then unless somebody can correct me i dont think you can directly address a counter with the E series and Mitsubishi ? (i dont use it anymore in my current job so cant check)

I would have normally made the counter use a retentive D register to hold the its preset you can then address this from the HMI

i.e. OUT C2 D200 instead of OUT C2 K100

Tell me what I've to enter and I'll test it ;)

OUT C2 D200 doesn't work... the entry switches to RUN !

?
Does Mitsubishi E-Designer have a "real" code ?
Where I can find it ?

Sorry... It seems that I'm too stupid for this program :)

greets,
blubb0r

But I'll try to tell you, what aim I achieve:
The Keyence LK-G Laser measures the thickness of wafers. I want to readout the measurement results by using the E1070 HMI. And than I want to bring the measurement results into a table.
So I have created three fields:
Field 1: Number of Wafers (1 - 25)
Field 2: Thickness of Wafers (100mm - 300mm)
Field 3: Measurement Result

Last edited:
I meant the PLC code not the E-designer code

I think you need to give us a bit more information, to achieve what you are wanting you must have the following

1- A PLC with a program to handle and store the values from the HMI
2- The E1070 with a screen designed to show the values
3- The laser configured correclty and connected to the E1070

The HMI cannot work without a PLC program and the PLC cannot work without the HMI, they all interact with each other.

And E-Designer can't be used as a PLC Program ?
E-Designer is the only software I've installed !

Can you give me an example of a PLC program ?

No, E-Designer is the software you use for programming the E1070 screen, the screen then connects to a PLC which you use another piece of software to program, if its mitsubishi then it would be GX- Developer

You have a piece of your system missing !!

Oh...
Ok
I'll look for it and then I'll test it ! And if it doesn't work, I'll write it here (so: see you soon... ) !

Thanks for your Help !

Greets,
blubb0r

Sh**, I neither find a CD with GX D nor my Product Key !
Is there any other Software (German Language) which I can use ?

Greets,
blubb0r