How to use a SQO

somebody

SQO.jpg

How do I address these inputs? And do I need a move any where?

This is the program that I'm trying to find out how to do for class on programing with a SQO.

The SQO instruction will move the contents of the source file into the destination using the mask which you have set for all sixteen bits to be passed through. (Mask: FFFFh = 1111 1111 1111 1111)

Each time the SQO instruction goes true, it will increment its position value and move N7: [0 + R6:0.POS] to the destination O:0.0.

So, when the position is 1, the 16 bits in N7:1 will be moved to the output word (O:0.0 through O:0.15).

Then, 5 seconds later, the timer will be done, and increment the R6:0.POS to 2 and move N7:2 to the output word.

And so on and so forth...

I am not able to make out what you intend to do with the next rungs...

Last edited:
So the last three rungs with the RPL, YPL, and GPL I don't need to put any type of input address on the rung to cut them on at the persice time?

Yes I'm using allen-bradley. The RPL, YPL, and the GPL stands for red light, yellow, green lights for outputs.

somebody said:
So the last three rungs with the RPL, YPL, and GPL I don't need to put any type of input address on the rung to cut them on at the persice time?

In order to control the outputs and when they are turned on, you will want to populate the bits in N7:0 with 1's in the positions where you want the corresponding outputs to turn on.

Double click the N7 file to open the data table, and change the radix to binary:

A pic may help you understand what is going on:
sqo.JPG

somebody said:
Yes I'm using allen-bradley. The RPL, YPL, and the GPL stands for red light, yellow, green lights for outputs.

Because your SQO instruction has the output word as the destination, you don't need any additional output instructions, once you have done what I showed you in my last response.

I should have known this was a traffic light program....ughhh...have the instructors no creativity left in designing assignments?

I understand that part. But do I address the the outputs for the lights with the bit numbers as the input on the rung?

Why would you need to do that? What is on the output of the rung?

If you wire your lights to the outputs addressed in the SQO, you are done. You don't need anything else.

Will this ain't no stoplight program. I had to do that with timers.
Thanks for the infor. I thank you have help me a lot.