Flashing in WInCC Flexible linking to internal tag ??

userxyz

I maybe have a stupid question, but...

This is what I did:

I have an automatic screen and a manual screen, when there is an alarm active, then the operator has to switch to the manual screen...

There are 2 manual screens,

if the error is located on the first screen then an arrow will blink (used the animation APPEARANCE, used flashing Red).

So far so good,

But when the error is located on the second screen, then nothing blinks on the first screen. To know that he has to go to the next screen, I want my navigation arrow to blink.

My question is, is this possible ? Can I connect the flashing in someway to an internal tag for example, or am I going to far...

It is possible.
Done the same thing...sort of....
When the operator selects a speed lower then the nominal speed, the background on the screen flashes bright red. Used an internal tag to trigger the flashing.
Found out operators don't really like it when their screen flashes bright red. Was tempted to do the same for every alarm...:D Or when they tried to use the maintenance login and failed.....:D

Maybe give a bit more info.
Where is the first arrow located, the one that flashes. What triggers the flashing?
The second arrow is located on the first manual screen, what is supposed to trigger the flashing? Is that tag configured as continuous update?

More info = better answer...

Jeebs

Screens

Okay, here we go:

LineBank1.jpg

We can see that there is an Alarm, Bank 1 is blinking red (so this is show the location of the error)

Press the corresponding button and u see this screen:

LineBank2.jpg

Okay, so far so good. But you van see that I have an arrow to the right in the upper right corner to go to the EVH screen (EVP = pneumatic, EVH = hydraulic). In the example I made an EVP error, but when an EVH error happens, then the upper right arrow should show the way to the right screen, ...

SO I was thinking: make 2 graphics, on standaard as you can see it now and one modified in red..., and let the graphic switch (flashing) when there is an alarm...

?

Jeebs said:
It is possible.
Done the same thing...sort of....
When the operator selects a speed lower then the nominal speed, the background on the screen flashes bright red. Used an internal tag to trigger the flashing.
Found out operators don't really like it when their screen flashes bright red. Was tempted to do the same for every alarm...:D Or when they tried to use the maintenance login and failed.....:D

Maybe give a bit more info.
Where is the first arrow located, the one that flashes. What triggers the flashing?
The second arrow is located on the first manual screen, what is supposed to trigger the flashing? Is that tag configured as continuous update?

More info = better answer...

Jeebs

Hi,

I was thinking about this, trying it out quickly and for me it works.

But I do have one more question.

The arrow graphic, is it a stand alone graphics view or a graphic configured through the button?

I think what you want should work. I don't see why it wouldn't. You could also have an event on each alarm that would just open the screen they need. I don't know how this would work if they had many different alarms and many screens.

hey

through the button, but I can delete that and change it if it's possible...

but how about the flashing, how can this be done ?

Jeebs said:
Hi,

I was thinking about this, trying it out quickly and for me it works.

But I do have one more question.

The arrow graphic, is it a stand alone graphics view or a graphic configured through the button?

flashing arrow

I'm thinking of drawing above an arrow with lines and shapes, then I can flash whatever I want...

Combo said:

Combo said:

Through the button won't work. This way you can't edit the properties.

If you want to make it flash all you need to do is create a Graphics field where the current button is and you can use the same graphic AND edit the properties. For the flashing you can do it the same as the other flashing you have used. Appearance > Flashing...

Okay

Okay,

I'll try it

thanks Jeebs

Jeebs said:
Through the button won't work. This way you can't edit the properties.

If you want to make it flash all you need to do is create a Graphics field where the current button is and you can use the same graphic AND edit the properties. For the flashing you can do it the same as the other flashing you have used. Appearance > Flashing...

Okay

I made a graphicsview, deleted through the button arrow and selected the same arrow for the graphicsview.

I selected fit to size.

Then I checked the color: RGB: 206, 206, 206
I made a rectangle with the same fill and backcolor.
Placed the rectangle behind the arrow.
The graphic is flashing when needed.

In runtime it's only the arrow that is blinking, the background remains in this way.

Me like,

Thanks

Combo said:
Okay,

I'll try it

thanks Jeebs