1734-AENTR - Network Status Flashing Green

edrHeihel

Hello all.

I have a remote that uses a 1734-AENTR series C.

We had to change it to a new one and, after adjusting the IP and number of slots, the errors apparently were resolved. I can ping it normally on the network.

However, through the supervisory system, I still cannot control the elements of this remote. Furthermore, the Network Status LED only flashes green.

I noticed that the old remote head was firmware 6.012 and the new remote head installed was firmware 7.01.

Can this firmware difference generate this communication error?

Another thing. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware version from 7.01 to 6.012?

Thank you all!

The PLC that this is a remote for may have exact match keying for that module. If you change revisions with exact match keying enabled it will behave exactly like this. You can change the keying to compatible in the module properties.

I verified that this project was migrated to Studio 5000 Designer version 32.

I tried adding a 1734-AENTR C series module to test and saw that it does not appear as an option. Only series A and B appear.

I'm researching how I can update the catalog because I've already checked on the Rockwell website that the products are compatible.

Therefore, I am unable to access the module properties through Studio 5000. A yellow question mark appears instead of the module icon.

I'm going to try to add this C series to my Studio 5000.

I also think it could be due to the firmware difference. Because the firmware of the module that was replaced was 6.01 and the new module installed is 7.01.

I will try to use ControlFlash Plus to downgrade the firmware from 7.01 to 6.01.

Downgrading may seem like a solution, but the best thing for the future would be to go to rockwells product compatibility and download center, and download the add on profiles and EDS for a 1734-AENTR series c v7.01.

Therefore, I am unable to access the module properties through Studio 5000. A yellow question mark appears instead of the module icon.

I'm going to try to add this C series to my Studio 5000.

I also think it could be due to the firmware difference. Because the firmware of the module that was replaced was 6.01 and the new module installed is 7.01.

I will try to use ControlFlash Plus to downgrade the firmware from 7.01 to 6.01.

I'd be wary of flashing across series. Usually not a good idea. Do as the previous poster suggested, and download the newest AENTR profile.

I managed to download the AOP and EDS for the 1734-AENTR series C.

However, the firmware in the project is 6.01.

And the hardware firmware is 7.01.

Even with AOP and EDS I can't make the remote communicate. However, now I can access the hardware via Studio 5000 and see the settings and diagnostics.

In the hardware status, a connection timeout error appears. And it keeps looping trying to connect without success.

The only thing that comes to my mind that could be causing this error is the firmware difference. All other aspects apparently were checked and regularized.

I have a preference for trying to downgrade the firmware in the new hardware because it is part of a very large network of the company's Machine Room (supply of cold and air to the entire plant) system. I'm afraid of upgrade the firmware of the other elements and causing some disturbance on the network.

Yes, if I'm understanding correctly you would need to delete the module and create a new one with the same name with the correct series and fw revision.

I downloaded firmware 6.012 from the Rockwell website and used Control Flash Plus to downgrade the remote head firmware.

However, even with the correct series and firmware, the Network Status LED continues to blink and the remote does not connect to the PLC.

Now I was seeing that the PLC has a gateway configured, and the remote does not.

Both have mask 255.255.0.0

However, the PLC has a gateway address configured and the remote does not.

Hello everyone, tonight we did it.

I was able to downgrade the remote using Control Flash Plus.

Even so, to my surprise, I continued to experience connection failure and the Network Status continued to blink.

Looking online, I found a video from a colleague who commented that in his case the RPI parameter (time it takes to time out communication) was very low. In his case it was 30ms and he increased it to 750ms.

I checked the status of my module and saw that the RPI was at 20ms. I did as in the video and increased this parameter.

Resolved!

Everything is ok now. As soon as communication was normalized, I regained control via the supervisory system.

I would like to thank you very much for your commitment and patience in helping me.

I also make myself available if you need anything.

Until later!

Clarification: the RPI is the "Requested Packet Interval" and is the speed at which the PLC will request data from the device. If the module was working at the faster RPI before, I suspect there's something still going on that changing the RPI has masked. 750ms seems like a long RPI to me, but it may work perfectly fine in your application.

Clarification: the RPI is the "Requested Packet Interval" and is the speed at which the PLC will request data from the device. If the module was working at the faster RPI before, I suspect there's something still going on that changing the RPI has masked. 750ms seems like a long RPI to me, but it may work perfectly fine in your application.

This value of 750ms was what the colleague used in the video.

I used the same value just to check if it would work. But I still plan to use a lower number. Generally I leave it at maximum 80ms.

Then I will check the value of this parameter in other elements of the network.

Never have an RPI for an AENTR at 750ms. I routinely run them at 5 to 20ms. You've only masked the problem, not solved anything. Sorry, but anyone who made a video of setting an RPI of 750ms on an IO module doesn't know what they're doing.

Maybe even the maintenance people changed the remote thinking it was a hardware problem and the problem could be the network.

20ms should be enough to be ok.

I'm going to try to do a diagnosis on the network to try to discover any anomaly that could be causing this problem.

Thanks for the tip and comments!