changing over from old plc to new plc

bbseay

I am considering buying and old machine. It currently has a very old telmechanique plc. I would like to upgrade that to an Automation direct dl205. Would the programs be interchangeable? How could I get a hold of software to download from the old plc?

If it an old Telemecanique you will need to find someone who has the software, and possibly interface module. If you tell us what the model is someone may be able to help.
The software will not be convertible. You will have to re-write it. You may also find that, depending on the Telemecanique model, the programme may be in cryptic code, not ladder. If you cannot understand this old stuff, you will certainly have a lot of problems re-writing it.
Best of luck.
beerchug

I had the same problem last month.
Telemequanique in Holland doesn't support the old models ( depending on the model)any more.
I did a very big project in China in 2000 there we used the THX47 from Telemeq.
At this moment I believe we are one of the few companies that have a converter for communications and the software (runs under OS2-warp).

So your in for some fun when you try to make an upload.
Converting it into a PLC direct program wil be a bit of a chalange sinds all the analoge (registers) are operated/used in a slichtly different way.

But nothing is impossible. It can only take a very long time.

My experiance with these kind of jobs is: writting a new programm is far more easy and saves you a lot of time.
The only thing you need to have is a very GOOD discription of what the machine should do. Just use the same I/O's and get started with programming.

With a good description of machine function you would be far better and faster to just write a new program. If that is not something you can do then you can hire someone like myself to make the swap for you.

GoodDay