Some more Omron woes

pauly

If I want to scale a raw value coming from say a drive which is 0 - 32768 max which should equal 0 - 460 m/min how is this accomplished in Omron CJ1M plc's? I have tried with the code attached but I can't seem to get the correct results. Do I need to convert the value coming from the drive D10 to a double integer? As from the values in the watch window I am trying to put a value of 8000 into the register to simulate a value from the drive but it seems to have a different value displayed in the function. Whatever I do doesn't seem to work. This Omron stuff is driving me mad!!
Any help is appreciated.

This should have the attached code!

Omroncode.JPG

First question, do you have the programming manual (W340)?

It looks to me like you should be able to use the SCL(194) instruction. This will "convert" an unsigned binary value to an unsigned BCD number.

Based on the information you have provided, the instruction should be set up as follows:
S = D10
P1 = 0
P2 = 0
P3 = 460
P4 = 8000
R = location for scaled result

Hope this will help.

gtsuport said:
First question, do you have the programming manual (W340)?

It looks to me like you should be able to use the SCL(194) instruction. This will "convert" an unsigned binary value to an unsigned BCD number.

Based on the information you have provided, the instruction should be set up as follows:
S = D10
P1 = 0
P2 = 0
P3 = 460
P4 = 8000
R = location for scaled result

Hope this will help.

Dang!
Beat me to it GT (y)

omron SCL(194) instruction

Thanks for the replies, I have tried the above instruction and the only way I can get it to work is if I want to scale 460 to 16384 it wont work the other way around, ie scale 16384 to 460. I have tried every combination it seems. Any ideas? Iam assuming that the header register D30 should hold the value of P1, D31 sholud hold the value of P2, D32 is P3 and D33 is P4?
D20 is a value that I am writing in manually fot test which is the value I want scaled, the picture shows the only way I can get it to do anything, which is the wrong way around. Please, What am I doing wrong?

SCALE.JPG

Did you look in the manual?

Original posting 0 - 32767 raw value to 0 - 460 m/min scaled value.

D30 Scaled Value for 1st point = 0
D31 Unscaled raw value for 1st point = 0
D32 Scaled Value for 2nd point = 460
D33 Unscaled value for 2nd point = 8000 (or max unscaled value)

Result at D40

Your posted example has the point values in the wrong order.

I would highly recommend you take a look at the manual (W340)
It can be downloaded from your local Omron website.