1747-uic to panelview 1400

dajohn6

I'm trying to connect a 1747-uic convertor to a 1400 panelview. The pv is on DH+, so the serial port is for printer only. I'll need to go through the DH+ port. I have done this before using what looked to be a homemade cable, but the networking man no longer works here and he had the cable. The cable was blue hose, but the real problem is the rj45 connector that connects to the uic module. I don't know the pin-out nor can I find anything on the web or through our local AB supplier. I am trying to make some changes to the pv but I am unable to communicate with it. Has anyone had experience with this or is there another way to communicate with the pv?

Number one thing with Panelview questions is to give us the complete catalog number of your PV.
The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter. It will not communicate with a DH+ device.
If your PV is a standard PV and there is not a printer connected to the printer/AUX port. That port default setting is DF1 protocol. Check the configuration screen for its setting. Configure RSLinx for DF1 driver and using a straight thru cable you should be able to upload/download to your PV through its serial port.

Last edited: