Newbie VersaPro Micro Upgrade

heldhostage

Please excuse my stupidity o_O but I've been trying to learn about GE Fanuc's using VersaPro Micro edition but the only PLC's I have available are 90-30's. Does anyone know how to upgrade from the micro version to the standard version, or does anyone have an old copy of VersaPro Standard they would like to sell?

Thanks and Best wishes,

Owen

If this is just to 'play' with you may want to try ebay for a used VersaMax Micro or Series-90 Micro, either of these will work with your software.

I'd thought about that, but the long term goal is to be able to alter an existing program we have on the 90-30's (originally done in VersaPro I'm told but long since lost). Since the alterations will be minor and money is tight I'm hoping to find an inexpensive copy of VersaPro or upgrade the one I have, download from the PLC and try and work a miracle. I've looked for VersaPro on Ebay for months but haven't seen it come up.

Thanks and Best wishes,

Owen

If you can get a VersaPro or the latest Proficy ME demo CD from your supplier either one will run for four days after installation. Today that is for 'each' new install, even after an un-install.
That should get you started.
HTH

Thanks Russ, I had heard rumors that such CD's existed. Unfortunately, our local rep (an electrical supply chain) is rather clueless about software and when I contacted them about 3 months ago to ask they didn't even know what software the Fanuc's use! I had to send them a part number for a quote and then they still got it wrong! I've tried emailing GE directly but they never respond for some reason. Short of moving to a bigger city with a better Rep my options are limited. It just shouldn't be this painful!