CP340 Comm problem with printer

EECS_Guy

I've got a CP340 RS232C that sends print commands to a Domino inkjet printer. My problem is that it will work without issue for weeks/months and then quit working altogether. I change to a manual way of printing labels for a few days and then go back to trying the ink-jet printer (and the P_SEND) and it has always started working again, without explanation. Well, this time is has not come back.
I've investigated the P_SEND call when it's not printing and the P_SEND is not setting the "done" or the "error" bits. The P_SEND is getting called properly every time a print is needed but no done bit. It's quite strange. When neither bit is set, the remaining logic "hangs up". I updated the P_SEND block from v1.1 to v2.0 (per Siemens' recommendation), but it has not fixed it. Does anyone have any ideas?o_O