Extracting tags from Monitor Tag tab

godfrey

I want to export the controller Tags from the Monitor Tag tab in RSLogix 5000, ver 13. If I export, I get everything except the Values. What I need are the values along with the other information.

Typically, "live" data from your PLC is transfered through RS Linx software. Can you explain a bit more about where you want the data to end up? In a VB program, in a CSV file, SQL, etc? Then I'm sure more folks will be able to help with practical examples.

I don't need live data. I just need the data in the value column which is displayed in the Monitor tab. If I export the tags to a CSV file, I get everything except the value column. How can I get this column into a spreadsheet?

Not sure this is exactly what you want, but if you click the upper left hand corner of the tag monitor window (select all), and hit CTRL+C (copy), then paste into excel, the values will be copied and pasted. Basically, you'll get everything you see in the tag monitor window.

So, if there are tags that need to be expanded to show the sub-elements, go through and expand them all before you copy.

Hope this helps.
Paul