SLS faults

karlag

Hi, question to AB guru. On a start up sls5 trips a fault and sets a bit in S:1 /13
This is a used controller and exiting program has been erased. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Try connecting to the processor. Then upload and go online to see exactly what the fault is under processor status.
The processor will fault if it does not have a program in it. Try loading a simple program.

How did you erase the program?

Post your .RSS file. (zip it first).
FYI you download a program to the SLC and upload from the SLC.
Post the file you just uploaded from the SLC so someone can see what the fault is.

S:1/13 indicates a Major Error, but S:6 and S:54 give the actual Major Error code. Those are crucial if you are to troubleshoot this system.

By implication, you have an SLC-500 family controller, not an "sls5". Please post the exact and complete part number, which will be of the format 1747-L5xx.

A used controller with no program in it is very likely to fault when placed in a new chassis and turned on. Are you trying to load a new program for a new machine ?

I remember one time a coworker uploaded from a faulted controller to put in another. so the fault was downloaded to the new controller.