Siemens S7-300 Comms to a PC

jac

Hi All,
I'm stepping into some work with some S7's and I need adapter to communicate. Which is the preferred method? The CP5512 (PCMCIA) or the 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0 (USB)? -I understand the CP5512 and uses the PC’s power where the USB needs the processors power to operate so it is limiting.
-Do they both work in a virtual environment? I wanted to use a vmware machine incase it doesn’t play nice with the Rockwell software on my laptop.
-can an OP Panel program be downloaded with both? Or is a serial cable required?

Thanks

Similar Topics

I have been using S7-300 & 400 PLC's communicating with Citect SCADA via Profibus using Siemens CP5613 cards installed in each PC. For very small...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have an ESA HMI that is connected to a Simatic S7-300 (CPU312). I have uploaded the program from the PLC which is written with Step7...
Replies
Views
Hello. There is a problem with Siemens S7 300. We got a replacement PLC but it does not run the program from the MMC. The new PLC is dated 2011...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, Our company does not usually use Siemens PLCs, but have a press with one in it. We are trying to change the IP address in our Simatic...
Replies
Views
G'day guys, I am setting up a s7-300 as a test rig for the workshop and when I downloaded the PLC is not going into run mode, I keep getting a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom