Omron C200HS and NT631C screen

hodgie_2k

can anybody help me?

i have a Omron C200HS and a NT631C screen i have no idea how to get them to run together.

i am new to omron how do i set them up to run together?

cheers

can anybody help me?

i have a Omron C200HS and a NT631C screen i have no idea how to get them to run together.

i am new to omron how do i set them up to run together?

cheers

Which exact Version of the C200HS and NT631C are you working with?

Does the C200HS have a Communications Daughter Board mounted, if so which one?

Are the C200HS and the NT631C mounted close enough to each other to use RS-232, or some distance apart where RS-422 would be better?

If you are just testing, RS-232 will work, but be warned Omron does not work with standard cables, you will have to buy or build one.

I am just downloading some manuals for the C200HS, I work with C200HE/HG PLCs, and I am not sure what the differences are.

Stu....

Excellent questions Stu!

C200HS did not have "daughter" board like the C200HE/HG product.
Some did have RS232 port built in. If not, OP will need a Host Link module to connect the NT631.

Hope this will help.

the PLC is a C200HS CPU 21

the screen is NT631C-ST151-E

i am just testing at the moment so the cable length isn't a problem

it has the RS232C port but i don't know what settings i need to change to get them to communicated properly

the PLC is a C200HS CPU 21

the screen is NT631C-ST151-E

i am just testing at the moment so the cable length isn't a problem

it has the RS232C port but i don't know what settings i need to change to get them to communicated properly

If you want to use the RS-232 on the C200HS for both Programming and HMI Communications, go with Host Link. I have found that NT Link actually works better for a number of reasons for HMI Communications. For testing and getting to know the system, Host Link is your best bet for now. Serial Cable Diagrams are in Chapter 5 of the NT631 Operation Manual.

Stu.....

i've got them connected up. the screen is initialised and goes into run mod and all i get is a black screen. when i access the terminal it has all the screen data on there. i downloaded it to the laptop and everything is there. the only thing im unsure about my set-up is the control/notify area settings

i have the PT Control Area set to PLC Address D00200

i have the PT Notify Area set to PLC Address D00210

this is the bit i'm unsure about

i've got them connected up. the screen is initialised and goes into run mod and all i get is a black screen. when i access the terminal it has all the screen data on there. i downloaded it to the laptop and everything is there. the only thing im unsure about my set-up is the control/notify area settings

i have the PT Control Area set to PLC Address D00200

i have the PT Notify Area set to PLC Address D00210

this is the bit i'm unsure about

Have you set your Initial Screen in the PT Setup? The DM Registers you have selected are fine. The allowable memory locations for the PT Control and Notify are listed in the Reference Manual V064-E1-02 in Section 2.

Stu.....

i have got the initial screen set to screen 1

in the I/O comments in CX-Programmer in the Area Type the addresses are DM and not D will this be causeing issues?

i have got the initial screen set to screen 1

in the I/O comments in CX-Programmer in the Area Type the addresses are DM and not D will this be causeing issues?

D and DM are equivalent in Omron, it depends on what PLC or Device you are using. In the NT Screens, they use D, one of the Omron oddities. Is it possible that your PLC Code is constantly moving zero into the Control Area? This would override your Initial Screen.

Stu....

Hodgie:

Try adding the attached Rung to your PLC Program. When you are testing your setup, does the Screen say "connecting to Host"?

Stu....

NT.jpg

that has loaded up straight away, it is working and firing the outputs

what was that rung for? is it to tell the PLC where to find the screen?

that has loaded up straight away, it is working and firing the outputs

what was that rung for? is it to tell the PLC where to find the screen?

It initializes the DM200 to one, which is a valid screen. Otherwise, the PT is reading zero all the time, which is not a valid screen. If you want to use the PLC to write a screen number to the PT, make sure you One Shot it, so that you can navigate with the PT Screen Buttons. For example, instead of using MOV, use @MOV.

Stu....