S7 Distributed Safety ET200S 4F-DI/3F-DO Problem

pietervdb

Hello,

I'm programming my first S7 DS program, with a little help of the "S7 Distributed Safety Getting Started".

I have a 317F-2PN/DP with a ET200S IM151-3 HF and a 4F-DI/3F-DO io module.

The program is very simple for the moment.

I've got one Emergency Stop (1oo2 input), and two outputs. One immediately off when the ES is interrupted and one after 1 second. At I12.0 i've got a normal DI for the reset function.

It's possible to compile and download the safety program but i still got an error on the fail safe module. See screenshot.

In the hardware module DI channel 0,4 is activated, everything else deactivated. For the output DO channels 0 and 1 are active. channel 2 is deactivated.

So, I need a little help here.

Probably i'm forgetting some but i can't find it.

2011-03-30_113800.jpg 2011-03-30_113920.jpg 2011-03-30_114143.jpg 2011-03-30_115750.jpg 2011-03-30_115859.jpg

No not very helpful indeed.
Do the module have some diagnostic LEDs ? Maybe they flash in a certain sequence depending on the error. Other Siemens modules do that.

Maybe the fault is the modules way of telling that there is a hardware fault in the safety inputs. Such as there is a short circuit between channels, or a timing problem between channels (i.e. one switch does not activate within a few ms after the other).

On the FB215, there is a DIAG output, but with no variable attached to it.
Worth investigating.

While you are at it, do connect the DIAG output to a variable and display that on an HMI. That will let the local people have a fighting chance to pinpoint an error by themselves.

On the FB215, there is a DIAG output, but with no variable attached to it.
Worth investigating.

While you are at it, do connect the DIAG output to a variable and display that on an HMI. That will let the local people have a fighting chance to pinpoint an error by themselves.

I have the possibility to log on remotely. See the value of the DIAG output.

2011-03-30_174350.jpg

Just so that I understand.
You are the programmer.
The program has never run.
You are not onsite.
The local people is trying to make it work.

In your shoes I would have rigged it up at home and made it work before sending it to the customer.
If you cannot go onsite, then the best you can do now is to setup a similar system at home, and try to make it work. When that is OK, use the experience on the real project.

The whole safety function is called in OB35. When i put my glasses on it's possible to view the status of the block. The block is green.

I'm sure the block is running.

The EN input is only needed if you want to actived/deactived the block. If you don't use it, it's actived.

Just so that I understand.
You are the programmer.
The program has never run.
You are not onsite.
The local people is trying to make it work.

In your shoes I would have rigged it up at home and made it work before sending it to the customer.
If you cannot go onsite, then the best you can do now is to setup a similar system at home, and try to make it work. When that is OK, use the experience on the real project.

It's a new part of the installation. They are still wiring the whole thing. But the cabinet is life, and the ES circuit is wired. So i can make some test, communication, ...

Tomorrow i go to the plant to do some IO test, so i was thinging maybe i can program the whole ES thing before i go on site.

Because the main CPU is a F CPU without any F function at this time, we decided to put a FDI/FDO module in the new part of the installation to be more flexible.

What is this FB215 really ?
Is it part of the distributed safety program ?
I mean, if it has to do wit the distributed safety, then it cannot be part of the regular program, called via OB1 or OB35.