NET-ENI Utility

jimtech67

Has any one used the NET-ENI utility on windows 7 64 bit ???
The only one I can find is ENIWUtility301.exe and it will not install. I tried running it as XP using the compatibility check box and no go.

When I try to install I get " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running.......etc"

Its after 5PM and AB support will not help me 8am - to 5 5pm phone support only. They stink!!!!!:mad::mad:

I presume you are trying to configure the module?
If it is a fresh one, you can use the bootp/dhcp utility that comes w/ Rs5000.
Or send the module a msg right from the controller it is hooked to(see the manual for this one).

You can make some (very few) changes via telnet.

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1500

where the x's are your IP.

Shawn

I had to overcome this problem today, and here is how I solved it, took 2 minutes.

Many installers (*.exe) are simply zip files, and this works about half the time. You probably have the file:
ENIWUtility301.exe

make a copy and rename the copy to:
ENIWUtility301.zip

Create a folder on your PC where you can find and work from it, I named mine:
ENI 64 bit installer

double click the renamed file (ENIWUtility301.zip), it will open as a zip archive. Drag the contents to your newly created folder (ENI 64 bit installer).

Close the zip archive, and delete it

Open your new folder:
ENI 64 bit installer

and double click:
setup.exe

follow the installation prompts and you should be all set if it worked for you like it worked for me. I may have ran as administtrator or in XP compatibility mode, I can't remember if I did, and am not going to re-install since its working. You can reply to this thread with your results.

As I interpret that, it is the installer that will only run in 32 bit mode...

Last edited:
Thanks rbeamer it installed fine.

I assume the program will work fine. When I get into work on Monday I will test it.

Nice trick will have to remember it.

The Allen Bradley help desk told me to find a pc running windows XP.............Duh!

Love this site !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... Before I get flamed, I know this is a topic thread is a few years old...

Just wanted to let you know that I ran into this situation today (2015.02.25) and rbeamers' how-to steps worked perfectly.

I was trying to install the utility on a fresh VMWare Workstation Windows 7 32-bit setup.

ENIWUtility301.exe was the file that I started out with also.

Thanks for taking the time.