Home to Torque

angi

Hi Guys

one question about motion control:

Is the "Home To Torque" a command instruction or a ladder code? this is my first time to try to use Home to Torque function, so I need some advices about how to use it.

thanks

Thanks Chit

the link you sent does not work, where can i find the add on instruction?

Just making sure that you are aware...one of the options when setting up an axis is to "Home to Torque Level". No add-on instruction required - no extra code required - just issue a normal home command (MAH instruction).

Under the Axis Properties -> Homing Tab, Select Mode:"Active" and Sequence:"Torque Level".

Under the "Active Home Sequence Group" you can set the homing speed and the Torque Level. Always start with a low torque level so you don't cause mechanical harm.

hi Kek

so what is the difference between the Addon instruction and this option?

thanks

I haven't looked at the Add-on to know what all it does. It may provide additional flexibility that you may desire or need. If you don't need it, I think setting up the homing properties to home to torque limit is simpler. I always take the simple approach when possible.

If you have over travel limits, these might need to be disabled to allow the servo to hit the mechanical limit. The Add-on may have this as an option. It may have some other abiltiies too. You'll need to play around with it to see.

hi guys

here is an application, one Axis A will follow Virtual Axis A move, what I want to do is every time when the motion start, the Axis will home to torque, and then I will redefine the position of Axis A and Virtual Axis A to "0", I will move the Virtual A using MAM instruction and gear the Axis A to the virtual one using MAG. will it work if I program like this?

thanks

yes.

Set your homing up for Torque level, then:

1. MAH axis 1
2. MRP Axis 1(position can be set thru homing), MRP Virtual Axis
3. MAG Axis 1 to Virtual
4. MAM Virtual

In this scenario, your virtual axis has no purpose since it's just moving your real axis. Nothing that a MAM on the real axis wouldn't do.