FT View SE using nested Pop ups

Hal9000

Hello there,

I have quite a large application with 60+ valves and 40+ pumps.

I have a small number of pop-up faceplates and I have used parameters files to pass the tags to the display. Within the faceplate I have some control commands: manual/auto, valve open/close, pump start/stop etc.

My client has now requested that for each control command I invoke a second pop-up with an execute "are you sure" type dialogue. i.e. CONFIRM or CANCEL.

I'm not sure the easiest way to achieve this. I'm not familur with VBA, so I would prefer to avoid that route.

Can the parameter file be passed to a second pop-up? If so how does this work in a distribted environment? (I have 2x clients).

Any suggestions welcomed!

Hi,
Let me start by saying that my experience is with ME, not SE, but the principle I describe below should be the same...

Would it be possible for you to have the buttons CONFIRM and CANCEL on your existing pop-ups, with there visibility hidden until one of the other buttons for start/stop/auto/manual etc is pressed?

Thus your PLC code would be START button would set start visibility bit... then start visibility bit + confirm would give a start pulse.... or start visibility bit + cancel would reset the start visibility bit...

Let me know what you think...

Yea, I was thinking the same sort of thing, but my client has specifically requested a second pop-up so it works in a similar way to their existing SCADA system (InTouch).

OK, well then...

How would it work if your CONFIRM or CANCEL buttons were generic to all valves/pumps?

So, a start button would set a bit - a separate bit for each drive/valve etc - then the generic confirm button (when pressed) would give a start pulse, with the generic cancel button resetting all start bits.

It may take a bit of work, but you can try this method:

1. Create another popup that is going to have the "CONFIRM" & "CANCEL" buttons.

2. This new popup that you are creating is going to be called from each control command, in other words when you are on a valve or pump popup and you initiate a command, have the specified parameter file pass through to the Confirm/Cancel popup so you would be Confirming or canceling the correct valve or pump.

Ok, I like that idea but how do I pass through the parameters to the second pop-up?

Also is there any way to stop the operator clicking another command button whilst the second pop-up is up? basically to stop multi-pop-ups appearing.

Ok, I like that idea but how do I pass through the parameters to the second pop-up?
If the second pop-up must be interactive, then you probably will need a second set of tags for the first pop-up: Proposed Mode (man/auto), Proposed Valve (Open/Close) and Proposed Pump (Start/Stop), the the exisiting final tags for each action on the pop-up: Final Mode, Final Valve, and Final Pump. The second pop-up can ask the questions then take appropriate action to make the Final Tags = Proposed Tags, or not.

hi i am using panel view plus 400 and it has version 5.10 and my laptop has 6.0 version ,i am trying to download but first i have to create runtime file but i am not able download runtime file can some one help me as soon as possible....
thanks
patel

@ vishalbp, if your current HMI program is 5.1 and your laptop is version 6.0 thats fine, however when you are creating the runtime file their is a save as section on the create runtime popup, and be sure to save it as the same firmware revision as the PV400 terminal, you can check the firmware in the PV400 terminal, by going into the teminals settings and information. Once you have the correct firmare version and your are at the point of creating your runtime, save it as the same firmware version of the PV 400 terminal. Once the runtime is compiled which is the .mer file, go to your transfer utility and download the file to the PV400 terminal hope this helps.