ENBT card 'Internal state; unconnected'

Mufe

Gday,

Just wondering if anyone can help me in regaurds to a 1756-ENBT card ive just put in my rack.

Ive given it a IP adress through RSlogix5000 and its scrolling across the module display, but im not so sure its working correctly.

Under the module info tab in 5000 it shows 'Internal state; unconnected'

Ive run a cable from the card to my computer and brought up the details by putting the IP in the web browser but the NET LED keeps flashing, which tells me that the 'Module has no established connections'

Surely this cant be right? The other ENBT card in the same rack shows 'Internal state; run mode'

Yes, ive added a new module in my project to the corresponding slot where ive inserted the card and selected the correct module.

This is how i was able to give it the IP address and such.

Under the module properties in RSL5K there is a 'module info' tab and its here where its says 'Internal state; unconnected'

So my issue is that as well as the NET LED flashing green (instead of being steady)

Am i missing something obvious?

Try setting the IP address via RSLinx thru the ethernet connection on the front of the module or through the processor over the Chassis. I don't think the module config in the RSLogix project actually sets the IP.

Not sure if they've changed the functionality, but with old versions, it would say 'unconnected' if you didn't have any Ethernet I/O attached to your Controller.

The solution was to ignore the message, or remove the ENBT from your I/O tree.

You can assign an IP address directly from RSLinx.

Did you have any other problems beside the message and LED? I assume the ENBT is doing what you intended it to do?

I wouldn't really worry about the "unconnected state" info within the module's Proerties applet; I believe that (as @AustralIan has already stated) the message is related to the absence of any "CIP Connections" (I/O, HMI, SCADA, etc. established communications) serviced by the ENBT bridge; if the RSL5K communications are the only ones that pass through the 1756-ENBT module and they are functional then everything is where it's supposed to be at this stage; adding CIP connections to the bridge will mitigate the "issue" at the time of implementation.

Ok, lack of a CIP connection could be the answer, thanks @AustralIan and @dmargineau.
I was just assuming it wouldnt be saying 'unconnected' when i was connected through it from the PC.