problem

siggibald

hi i have a poroblem with this jumo pressure metter
-1 to 0.6bar 4-20ma and i connencted with 2 wire connection to plc, On this pictures whit this post you can se it is showing 0.67 bar but it is no pressure on it ?

pressure.jpg

Remove the pressure sensor and make sure it reads zero or there abouts in the air.

My suspicion is the shut off valve is close to the pressure transducer and you have compressed the air sample,
or
You have liquid sample that is hydraulic ing as the sample warms up and expands in the pipe line.

Try opening the sample shut off valve and see if your readings come correct as 1.6 bar or 25 psi is a narrow span and you are only 0.6 bar or 9 psi above atmosphere

Remove the pressure sensor and make sure it reads zero or there abouts in the air.

My suspicion is the shut off valve is close to the pressure transducer and you have compressed the air sample,
or
You have liquid sample that is hydraulic ing as the sample warms up and expands in the pipe line.

Try opening the sample shut off valve and see if your readings come correct as 1.6 bar or 25 psi is a narrow span and you are only 0.6 bar or 9 psi above atmosphere

i have the pressure sensore on my desk and he is brand new

Have you measured the actual milliamp signal into your PLC?

If the transmitter is open to atmosphere then the output of the transmitter is about right. ( maxed out)

1 Bar = .98 atmosphere

Last edited:
What is the number of the input card, as those values for input min and input max don't ring a bell with me and the 21816 is close to a zero value if 15 bits are used

0 to 21 equaling 0 to 32767

Last edited:
What is the number of the input card, as those values for input min and input max don't ring a bell with me and the 21816 is close to a zero value if 15 bits are used

0 to 20 equaling 0 to 32767

Some AB cards have an "Engineering Unit" data format which give you 4000 counts at 4ma and 20000 counts at 20ma. That is probably how the OP has it configured.

Some AB cards have an "Engineering Unit" data format which give you 4000 counts at 4ma and 20000 counts at 20ma. That is probably how the OP has it configured.

Yes Mickey, I know what you mean there are quite a few possibilities until we get the card number and then his configuration of that card,
or maybe a wiring error.

hi i have a poroblem with this jumo pressure metter
-1 to 0.6bar 4-20ma and i connencted with 2 wire connection to plc, On this pictures whit this post you can se it is showing 0.67 bar but it is no pressure on it ?

the problem was "inpud min 6240 / inpud max 31200" works great now

you have to calibrate it and get the actual values from sensor. btw your first reading was above max so the calcs were correct.
if you make these values in VARs you can change the calibration in the field while the plc is running.