Red Lion/CompactLogix addressing question

Zlinger

I am using a Red Lion G310 with a CompactLogix PLC and the "Allen-Bradley Native Tags via L5K File Enhanced" driver. I can import and use the tags just fine from the L5K file, but I am wondering if you can use the Allen Bradley hardware addressing also. I can't seem to figure it out.

For example, I can set an indicator to be controlled by [PLC1.ExampleTag], but it doesn't seem to work if I use [PLC1.Local:1:I.Data.0]. Is there some special syntax that I need to use, or is this just not possible?

Thanks for any help.

I don't think it is possible to address them directly. I always create Aliases for them.

Zlinger, I would recommend buffering the I/O tags regardless as the IO scan is asynchronous to the PLC scan. Specifically in your case, I believe the colon ":" in the tag name is what hangs up Crimson software.